Every case-study, every report, and every bit of feedback always tells us the same thing: speed matters. It’s good for users, it’s good for accessibility, and it’s good for business. But why are modern browsing experiences so slow? If technology is getting better, why are websites getting worse?
In this workshop, we’ll take an in-depth look at:
- how the network really works, and how to design around it;
- how to keep websites fast whilst keeping clients and stakeholders happy;
- how to optimise our assets for faster delivery;
- how to trick the browser into delivering assets with different priorities;
- how to measure and profile performance wins and losses;
- a whole host of tips, tricks, and techniques to help us deliver the same experiences in record times;
- a bunch of fascinating little factoids and trivia which help shine a light on what’s really going on under the hood;
- how to prepare for the web (and its users) of tomorrow;
- lots of naughty little micro-optimisations, just for fun;
- and a lot, lot more.
100% of previous attendees would recommend the workshop to colleagues!
This workshop is targeted at intermediate to advanced front-end developers, web designers, and software engineers, or anybody who writes code. There will be resources and case studies for you to take back to non-technical stakeholders to help convince them of the power of performance. You will need a laptop and something for making a lot of notes.
Refreshments and lunch
Tea and coffee are served during registration and all breaks. Breakfast rolls are available during registration, with pastries during morning breaks. Full day workshoppers get a hot buffet lunch and afternoon cake.
This session is held on