RxJS Workshop with Andre Staltz
RxJS Observables are present in frontend frameworks like Angular and Cycle.js, and are useful in diverse contexts, from backend to frontend and also mobile apps. They are meant for organizing asynchronous code, but often look challenging to beginners.
Come learn the fundamental concepts behind RxJS and gain confidence programming with reactive Observables. In this workshop, Andre Staltz will guide you through lectures and exercises. Expect to see RxJS concepts demystified, practice with exercises, make questions, and gain confidence with the tools.
- Quick recap of Observables and operators
- Categories of operators
- Most commonly used operators
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Higher-order observables and operators
- Subjects and multicasting
- (Bonus, if there is time:) scheduling, marble diagrams, and the test scheduler
- Little or no RxJS experience required
- Own computer