About the Course
In an emergency situation the lives, physical and mental wellbeing, or development opportunities for children are threatened as a result of armed conflict, disaster or the breakdown of social or legal order. Child protection in emergencies is based upon the prevention of and response to abuse, neglect, exploitation of and violence against children in emergencies.
This training is designed to the capacity of child protection practitioners in humanitarian settings by using and applying the most up to date and best practice when it comes to CPIE Programming.
This training is aimed at child protection practitioners in humanitarian settings.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the learners should be able to:
- Understand risk factors that make children vulnerable during emergencies
- Develop knowledge of best practices in prevention, preparedness and response to protecting children in emergencies
- Develop skills to protect children in emergencies situation
- Understand the minimum standards for protecting children in humanitarian settings
- Improve the prevention and response programming of the child protection in emergencies situation
- Develop response and contingency plans for child protection